For today’s FF, tell us about five calendar themes that you like to see hanging on your walls or going with you to appointments, or that you WISH existed to adorn and accompany your life.
1) Practicing silence is essential for me. So the “calendar” that keeps me straight is my big tibetan singing bowl. (for those interested you can also download a mindfulness bell at http://www.mindfulnessdc.org/bell/)
2) My favorite kitchen calendars feature bucolic farm settings with community activity. Every day, I need to remember to connect with the earth, to help something grow, or help with a harvest, and each day, I try to connect with community in meaningful ways.
3) My Celtic Daily Prayer book keeps my inner calendar aware of the power of love and mercy, the communion of saints and makes blessing a daily practice. I am beginning this year with Mark Nepo’s “Book of Awakening” along with CDP.
4) The only way I keep track of my schedule is on my calendar app on my smart phone, not very creative but it does keep me organized.
5) Ruby, our sweet aussie is my walking calendar, she takes me for long walks to inspire me and keep my body healthy. I need to remember to keep her spirit with me as I attend to meetings and appointments, she is the perfect blend of both playful and attentive work.